Summer is the best time for partying, especially outside. Do you ever want to make your party original and try something new but find yourself stuck on ideas? This blog was created to give you inspiration the next time you want to organize a summer party but don’t know where to start.
1. Jello Shots Instead of making cocktails or taking shots pure, it’s a great time to try jelly shots instead. All you need is a jelly base, alcohol of choice, and any other additions you want to make. For example, if you mix cherry jelly with some cola and rum, you can have a cherry coke shot.
2. Protection Station We all can get carried away and forget about basic safety in the summer. And what’s the joy if your guests go home with sunburns and covered in mosquito bites? Next time you are having a party outside, add a little station with sunscreen and bug spray. It’s handy, and your guests are more likely to remember to use them if they are in plain sight.
3. Sundae Buffet Fill mason jars with ice cream and put them on ice. Set out the toppings and some spoons, and your guests will have everything they need. Because you've planned ahead, they'll love helping themselves as they make these easy treats for a summer party. Some toppings your guests might enjoy are sprinkles, chocolate, marshmallows, or gummy bears, to name a few.
4. Summer-themed Serving Serve snacks like chips, pretzels, and other treats in beach pails with shovels. Make sure to think outside the box when you're setting your table. Start with a simple theme and add easy-to-make containers to make your guests happy. It's easy to make it both pretty and useful. Simple and cute is best!
5. Beach Ball Arch You only need glue, beach balls, and inner tubes. This is a fun and festive way to greet your guests as they arrive at the party. You can match your theme with bright colors. You can put it at the entrance for greeting your guests and setting the party tone right away!
6. Splash of Color Another way to make the atmosphere even more fun and bright is to add a splash of color to your table. One of the original ways to do it is to paint the leaves of the pineapples in various colors like red, blue, yellow, or purple. Your guests can later take them home as memorable souvenirs.
7. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star If a summer party in the backyard does not make you immediately think about string lights, you’re missing out! When the sun sets and you still want to keep going, those lights will be your salvation. Not only do they solve the issue with lightning, but they also make the overall atmosphere cozy and a little more special.
8. Extra is Always Better Besides offering sunscreen and bug spray, get some cheap disposable sunglasses and hats. Firstly, some of your guests might forget theirs and have to suffer through a full day outside in the sun. But you can also just put them on for fun and take funny group pictures together!
9. One Way to Cool Down Set up a water gun station! Fill up a small blow-up pool or even a plastic container, throw in some small squirt guns and watch the sprinkling war unfold when the heat gets too much. This is a more fun way to let your guests cool down on a hot day, and it also provides entertainment.
10. Fruit Plates Summer is too hot for a lot of food but you can’t leave your guests starving either. A great hack would be to make a fruit salad or a big fruit plate. This way, you can just grab the fruits when you are feeling a bit hungry but cannot eat hot heavy dishes yet. Especially great to consider if the party involves alcohol.
For maximizing the fun at your summer party, check out MadWish Summer Edition and other party games on our webshop and your favorite platforms!