Are you tired of never knowing what you want to drink at a party because you are tired of all the classics? Or do you just wanna make your party a bit classier? For International Cocktail Day, we have prepared 10 easy cocktail recipes for you and your friends to try out!
1. Blueberry Mojito If you are a mojito lover, you should try this twist on the classic cocktail.
Muddle 100g blueberries, 3 lemons, and 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar in a jug. 2 mint sprigs, bruised, add to the jug with a lot of ice. Top it up with 350ml white rum and 600ml sparkling water. You can decorate it by putting fresh mint and a couple of blueberries on the top. Ready to serve!
2. Limoncello Spritz For the fans of a true Italian taste, there is Limoncello Spritz! Fill a glass with ice. Pour over the limoncello (50ml) and top up with the prosecco (60ml) and soda (30ml). Stir it all together and the cocktail is done. If you wish, you can garnish it with the thyme sprig.
This cocktail requires a bit of preparation in advance as you would need to freeze the rosé overnight. Pour the bottle of dry rosé into a deep roasting tin (or any other container that will fit into your freezer) and carefully put it in the freezer overnight.
The next day, mix the strawberries with the sugar and leave them to sit for about half an hour until the strawberries begin to give the juices.
Blend the frozen rosé, strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice, then pour into glasses. Decorate with fresh strawberries for a better look. Enjoy!
4. Madras This is one of the easiest cocktails but no less delicious because of that. A shot of vodka is combined with a 3:1 ratio mixture of cranberry and orange juices. You can also play with the ratios and even swap out the vodka if you like. To discover how it works with various popular fruits, try any of the fruit-flavoured vodkas as an experiment. As a garnish, we recommend using a piece of lime.
5. Pineapple Mimosa This classic brunch drink can also be made with an original twist - all you need to do is add 30ml of pineapple vodka (per glass)! Mix the vodka, prosecco, and orange juice together, for better taste also add honey syrup. Decorate the glasses or the pitcher with an orange slice or some orange peel. Voila, ready to drink!
6. Belmont Jewel This cocktail is great for a warm summer afternoon. Per glass, mix 50ml of bourbon whiskey, 60ml of lemonade, and 30ml pomegranate juice; use lemon zest or cherry as a garnish for the glass and serve it to your guests!
7. Summer Peach Iced Tea Cocktail On a hot summer day, few things are more pleasant than an ice-cold glass of sweet tea. It's even better when the tea is spiked with whisky, as this summer peach tea recipe achieves in a delectable way. All you need to do is mix 30ml of Canadian whiskey with 30ml peach liqueur and 120ml of iced tea. This taste will pop even more if you make the tea yourself. Lemon zest and/or peach slices are perfect garnish options for his summery cocktail.
8. The Salty Dog Gin lovers, gather up! This simple cocktail is definitely for you. First, you have to rub the rim with a lemon or lime wedge, then roll it in coarse salt in a shallow dish. After that, add gin and grapefruit juice (1:2 ration) and decorate the glass with a lemon or lime wedge. Easy and delicious!
9. Raspberry Snakebite Many people wouldn’t expect it but there are cocktails that allow you to enjoy beer in a completely new and unique way, and the raspberry snakebite is one of them. It is a simple mixed drink and you can make as much as needed. Simply pour a vanilla porter (you can also use lager but if you want to go darker – a vanilla porter is definitely your choice), then half that amount of hard apple cider, followed by half that amount of raspberry juice. Give it a quick stir and enjoy.
10. Berry Wine Slushies Same as for frosé, you’ll have to freeze wine in advance for these fun cocktails but they are definitely worth the wait. Simply pour your wine (this cocktail works perfectly with any type) into an ice cube tray and put it in the freezer. 6 hours should be enough but it is better to leave it in overnight. For one large slushy or two small ones, combine 3 ice cubes and 6 frozen wine cubes with the berries of your choice (we recommend strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries but you can experiment and find the ones that fit your taste better) and honey in a blender. Blend it till you get the desired slushy consistency, pour it into a glass, and get a taste of a new way you will be drinking wine this summer!
Try out these recipes for ultimate party fun! If you make one of these cocktails at home or have your own easy party cocktail ideas - share them online and don’t forget to tag us @madpartygames!
And to add an extra twist to your party, try one of our drinking games! Get them on our webshop and on one of your favourite platforms!